Question:
im stuck in a loveless marriage,my hubby hits me&my 8 month old kid,what help is available for me if i leave?
2006-03-30 03:55:17 UTC
im stuck in a loveless marriage,my hubby hits me&my 8 month old kid,what help is available for me if i leave?
Seventeen answers:
tropicaldazed
2006-03-30 08:01:03 UTC
GET OUT NOW! Do not stick around for the "I'm sorry...It won't happen again" because he is not and it will. In just about every city or county in the U.S. has a safe house or shelter for abused women and children. The shelter will then help you with the resources to get you and your child back on your feet. You do not have to put up with spousal or child abuse.
mail_amy85
2006-03-30 04:03:02 UTC
Yes, you should leave, not just for you, but for your kid. So many kids are messed up through their childhood years and it isn't fair on them. As soon as you report it, the police will give you all the details of help and support available to you. I'm in the UK so it may be different there. But something like domestic violence is not taken lightly at all! You'll be taken very seriously and looked after. The police will most certainly put you in touch with relevant people/groups that you might (and probably will) need. Face your fear of your husband, and tell the police and only then will you be able to get on with your life and looking after your child. You go...don't be afraid, people do it everyday! :o)
rosebud1562
2006-03-30 04:09:04 UTC
u need to get out of the relasionship, as soon as possible espesurly for your littlen sake. if somethink happens to them. u could end are being in as much trouble as your husband (this is not always the case) as there say it your word against his. there are may women and family hostals about which isnt much at first but it is safe haven and they can help u get back on your feet. while there you can get the poilce invoved as well and ask them to keep were your staying declosed so your husband doesnt find out. it may mean starting a completly new life. but it will be worth it. if you have close friend confide in them they might be able to help u with find out more infomation of local and not so local hostals. also go to your doctors about it. or social services i know it will be a pain them getting involved but if u really want to leave they can help and give good advise. hope thats some help.
chacha777
2006-03-30 04:05:42 UTC
I don't know about other countries but if you're from the USA, it's against the law for a man to hit a woman and child. Call the cops on him, they'll haul his butt off to jail. There are too many organizations to list that will help you. A women's shelter should be your first stop.
jbpammy004
2006-03-30 04:03:50 UTC
If your husband is doing that, you are in an abusive situation, not just loveless. It is against the law to abuse anyone. You get that baby out of that environment and yourself as well. Call the police and have him arrested. There are agencies that will help you. I know because I was there. It is your responsibility to protect your baby. Do it. GET OUT NOW, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!
daskaffinator
2006-03-30 04:23:47 UTC
A lot depends on where you live. Austin, TX has an organization called Safe Place which gives the victims of domestic abuse a place to live and assistance in getting out of the relationship. Even if you are not in Austin, you might try giving them a call. I'm sure they would be able to give you contact information for a similar organization in your area. www.ausin-safeplace.org

Good luck and get out for the sake of your child.
wishyouwerehere1@rogers.com
2006-03-30 04:01:08 UTC
Being anywhere else but there is the best place. Go to a woman's shelter where they can help & direct you and you are very safe there. If he knew you were there he could not get in to see you. Think of that poor baby in just makes me sick and i would love to meet face to face with this coward. You are not a coward, plan when he is out to call the abuse shelter near you and go. DO IT
hot2trot21202
2006-03-30 04:00:31 UTC
Well I am not sure where you are from but there is an organization called women safe. I am sure that they have it almost every where. But I hope that you can get out and wish you all the luck in the world. Women safe is a place for battered women
2006-03-30 04:02:01 UTC
gosh!!! u sud definitely leave, 4 your barely-one-year-old kid if not for your own sake!!!!

search the web, i'm sure there r lots of women organisations out there to help u sort your problem n help you lead a better life...

can even call the cops... guys who hit helpless women n babies r meant to b kept away...

since there's no love, do it quick!!!
2006-03-30 04:00:48 UTC
You have to get out.You should not put up with man hitting you and child.Very bad.

I do not where you live, there is always people to help you.Go to your police and they will help you.

Good luck

email me if you need any advise id be happy to help you.
2006-03-30 04:05:20 UTC
yes...you have to leave hubby...and get out.

what part of the world are you in?

western -- local organizations are there. you can find them on the net. for battered women etc.

easern -- family support, society support etc. plus local lesser organizations.
phwar68
2006-03-30 03:58:12 UTC
Get his sorry A$$ put in jail! You can get help from police, dept of Human Services, AFDC, and many places, don't worry about that. Also get a restraining order put on him.
2006-03-30 04:00:51 UTC
hey listen if you husban is hitting your baby you need to call the police if you dont and something happens to the baby and it will then you will also go to jail for allowing it ......its one thing if you stay while he hits you because its your life but him hitting your baby and you staying!!!SHAME ON YOU!!!dont you love your baby? call a shelter thats what they are there for
internetsoldier
2006-03-30 04:05:44 UTC
if i was you ihave him arrested!!! Any man that hits on a female for no reason at all deserves to be in jail with buba and see how it feels.
paparazzichelle
2006-03-30 04:00:19 UTC
that is totally wrong

you should not be thinking about what will happen if you leave but be thinking about what will happen if you dont leave. if he is willing to hit you then he could be willing to kill you or seriously hurt you

AND THINK ABOUT YOUR BABY-im sure she is precious to you and you would want anything to happen to her
2006-03-30 03:58:32 UTC
Tell me ur all details.
twohyper2001
2006-03-30 06:17:48 UTC
You have to see that you need HELP! And you can’t do it on your own!!! PLEASE reach out to someone that knows how to help you and remember that it’s not your fault!!!!!!