Question:
How do you tell someone that you no longer love them with the least amount of pain,?
2006-03-18 16:01:43 UTC
How do you tell someone that you no longer love them with the least amount of pain,?
Twelve answers:
2006-03-18 16:45:31 UTC
If this person loves you it will hurt no matter what.Be kind,try to make them understand this is best for the both of you,don't be condesinding,be honest and respectful,do unto others.Living in a relationship where both people don't feel the same about each other is a waste of time for both of you.I kow you have heard this before,but,life is too short,do it now so both of you can get on with life.
2006-03-18 16:31:25 UTC
It doesn't matter how you say it, it's going to hurt. I would, sit them down (at home) so they don't feel like their put on stage doing a show. Sit next to them and have a very gentle voice. Start off explaining how you don't feel that you are the same as you were to begin with and that you just can't stay going as you are. Since YOU are the one breaking their heart, try to explain that it's not them, that it's you. If you want to stay friends, let them know it, but if you don't...TELL them. Don't give this person false hope, it will only hurt more. And please, DO it in person, to give them some sense of closure. But maybe first, you could see if there is anyway to try and get back to loving this person, see what went wrong and if it's fixable.
2006-03-18 17:19:33 UTC
When you are letting someone down the conversation has to be about them as well , it can't be ALL ABOUT YOU! You have to consider there feelings! You have to think how they would react, or how you would want to be told? I would say staying calm and being honest are two of the most important parts. If you stay calm then they are more likely to stay calm as well, just be nice and tell the them the truth, there's no need to get angry and yell and scream and say horrible things to them.
mrswayne4
2006-03-18 16:32:25 UTC
you make the scene as comfortable as possible for them, and then you just be honest. If they love you still, it is always going to be painful. But it has to be done before lives are ruined.
howlincoyote
2006-03-18 16:45:49 UTC
You can not control at all how someone else feels. His reaction is his and only his. Just be as kind as possible and don't pull the "lets be friends" line until he has time to recover his facilities.
Hercules38
2006-03-18 17:18:41 UTC
Why do what my ex-wife did, just write him a note and leave him with all the bills to pay and the kids to look after.
2006-03-18 17:22:36 UTC
Go live in Australia... maybe even marry a koala.. Think thats still legal over there
daniellesmith1973
2006-03-18 16:54:11 UTC
Leave a letter for them to find
2006-03-18 16:30:09 UTC
As the best recipe I prescribe a new partner! Hook him/her up with someone else and then say good-bye...
thesunnshynne
2006-03-19 06:10:19 UTC
no simple way. Just say it.you never loved them 2begin with.
2006-03-18 16:16:30 UTC
u send them a letter explaining why and let them know you'll still b their friend
nicolejane68
2006-03-18 16:02:20 UTC
I don't think you can without hurting them...Nicky