Question:
Is ok for my husband's ex to visit?
char5070
2006-04-07 07:54:11 UTC
My husband's ex-wife wanted to come over to our house to see our new baby, my step daughter asked me if it was ok and i asked her why? there's no reason for her to come see the baby since therewas no relation. she came over anyway and i stayed in the room with the baby until she left. Then she wanted to see her daughter during my baby's baptism celebration. All of my family and my husband's family was there. I told my husband i didnt want her in my house because it was disrespectful to me. He was cool about it and told his daughter to go out to the car to see her mom when she pulled up. Am i being a ***** or something? is it ok for her to visit?
Sixteen answers:
ProudSexySouthernGirl
2006-04-07 08:00:24 UTC
Girl you are not being a B**** at all! You are actually rather nice compared to what I would have done. If I was you, the moment she walked into my house I would have told her to leave and if you didn't then I would give her an asss whoppin from hell and made her get out. I agree with you 100% and I would not tolerate my mans ex being in my house, I mean what woman does? It is not okay for her to stay at your house like that. Hell no.
funkifairee2000
2006-04-07 07:57:33 UTC
I can totally see your point of view, as she is kinda overstepping the mark. I can understand it that she wants to see her daughter and everything thats great, and showing an interest in your baby was probably her way of saying to her daughter that she was happy for you. Family functions are that precisley tho and she should respect the fact that you didnt want her there. If anything i wouldnt have let her come to the Baptism but the little party thing you have after as a gesture, but it all depends on if his family still like her or not.
springo88
2006-04-07 08:04:48 UTC
I had a similar problem when my bfs ex rolled on into my front yard to pick up her kids ..my bf stopped her from coming onto the front verander cause he thought she was being rude ... so did I.. but when it comes down to it we as adults have to set an example for the kids and except the ex's and so forth... even though it S**Ts ya.I would probably want to meet my daughters half sister if she had one but i would go a differnt way about it.It's not fair that you say those things to your step daughter cause it's nothing to do with her.It's her half sister and and she is probably proud and wants to show her off to her mother. Just let it slide.. she is your husbands ex for a reason so don't worrry too much and go with the flow for the sake of the kids:) I think it's ok for her to come in for a few minutes when she picks up her daughter or whatever so that she can say hello to the baby.Short and sweet is good..lol
TTCB
2006-04-07 08:19:49 UTC
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! If any ex-wife wants to hang around the new family of her ex-husband, it sounds like she needs to get a life. This simply spells nothing but trouble, even if she does look like an owl and a gorilla. She is giving herself the opportunity to disrupt and complicate your marriage. Tell your husband to tell the ex-wife to LAY-OFF, STEP-OFF, & GET BACK!
2006-04-07 08:04:15 UTC
NO if she wants to visit with her daughter she can invite her daughter to her home . If my husbands ex g/f came to my house she wouldn't like it very much because I would show her she was messing with the wrong person !

Angel
mZgRoW*N*sExY
2006-04-07 07:56:49 UTC
If your husband and his ex have no feelings for each other I don't see what the problem is. I mean I can understand how you feel but just think you have the man and that's all that should matter!
MissKathleen
2006-04-07 08:13:39 UTC
No, based on the way you feel about her, she shouldn't visit, but she should get on with her life and leave you alone. She obviously still has feelings for him even though she's not attractive. Visiting him would only encourage her and she will get more and more involved in your life.

She should visit her daughter away from you.....)(
2006-04-07 08:29:53 UTC
i think it would be beneficial to all if everyone gets along.

isn't this what we try to teach our children? how to get along with each other and how to be respectful of each other and their feelings.

how does your step daughter feel knowing you don't want her mother in your home? the daughter has 2 homes now that her parents aren't together and she needs to feel totally comfortable in both.

i was in a long relationship with a man who had custody of his children and i'm still friends with 'step'children, mom, and dad (my ex)
wolf
2006-04-07 08:04:34 UTC
no your not being a ***** i wouldn't want my hubby's x any where near my child and especially not at my child's baptism and not in my house my feeling is that you lost him hes mine now just because he had a child with you doesn't men your welcome here you can pick up your daughter when the order says you can otherwise don't show up
Pistol504
2006-04-07 07:59:57 UTC
they are ex's for a reason. they not gonna get back together. you should be glad she is actually trying to congratulate you.
fonzie242002
2006-04-07 07:57:54 UTC
UM NO IF SHE WANT TO SEE HER DAUGHTER SHE JUST HAVE TO PICK A PLACE AND TIME TO SEE HER....
2006-04-07 07:56:38 UTC
Hell NO. girl the second you turn your back they'll be at it
Sir Chyver
2006-04-07 08:02:10 UTC
I reckon it will be O.K.Give them some time alone.Bye.
nish24avi
2006-04-07 07:59:12 UTC
no ,u are feeling the right feeling.its not ok to you then its not ok at all,put your feelings clearly and firmly.if you dont lke it then she should not be encourged and she should know she's not welcome IN YOUR HOME!!!!
?
2006-04-07 08:09:44 UTC
i wouldnt let her in
Babu
2006-04-07 07:59:28 UTC
Please do not open this door unless there is a legal obligation!!!