Question:
How do you know if the person your dating is really the one you want to marry?
firefightermark2001
2006-02-20 19:50:12 UTC
How do you know if the person your dating is really the one you want to marry?
Seven answers:
Giggly Giraffe
2006-02-20 20:27:14 UTC
1st - DO NOT MAKE THIS DECISION WHILE HEAD OVER HEAL IN LUV!

2nd - What is marriage to you? What have you defined marriage to be?

What will happen 1 year after you're married. Do you want to be the provider and have her stay home? Do you want both of you to work so you'll have a great home? Do you want kids right away?

What do you want in 5 years into the marriage?

What do you want in 10 years into the marriage?

What do you want in 20 years into the marriage?

Sit with yourself and ask these tough questions. Then re-ask these questions in a week. If you feel confident that you're honest with yourself, then approach your girl. If you're not quite satisfied with your internal question, keep asking and answering yourself untill your confident.

3rd - When you're confident in what you want ... Ask these same questions to your girl friend. BEWARE ... She'll freak and probably start crying thinking you're asking her out!!! Make it clear that this is a discusion only, and you're trying to figure out the "Next Step". Then ask her several times after the first questions .

If you've evaluated the situation and feel that for the two of you to form a union, you can then you can pre-pair that special occation with the ring, and the right setting to ask for her hand in marriage.

Best wishes.
phaufie
2006-02-21 04:08:25 UTC
People will probably tell you that "you'll just know" and the sparks will fly and there will be this amazing feeling. I'm going to tell you that if you're having doubts you shouldn't, when you get to that point where you don't have to ask yourself if you should marry the person then you should marry them.

I would ask yourself if you're compatable on issues dealing with money, do you have similar spending habits? Will the differences be a problem? Do you have the same values or religious beliefs? Do you want kids and how many? What kinds of discipline do you agree with? Are holiday's important family events? I would ask yourself some of these questions (and lots more) if your answers basically match the other persons I'd say your set.

Good luck.
Here_it_is
2006-02-21 04:02:38 UTC
I personally make it a point to wait for a month before i buy something that i think i want or need. It keeps me from making rash decisions that later bit me with buyers remorse. How much more important is a life long commitment to someone? I can't really answer your question and I don't think anyone else can either, except you. So give yourself plenty of time to make a good decision.
2006-02-21 09:43:49 UTC
When your 1st thought of the day is of him.When it's only been a couple of hours and you miss him already.

When you can picture yourself growing old with him.

When his feelings matter so much that you are saddened when you inadvertently say something that offends or saddens him,and it hurts your heart and you must fix it immediately.

When you live to hear him laugh and see him smile.

When you believe in him even when others don't.

When your happy just because he is.

When the last thought you have when you go to bed is of him..and the fact that you cannot wait to spend more time with him.
katiekiss
2006-02-22 00:57:12 UTC
Trust me, you just know. If you don't then it is probably not the one. My husband and I, 7 years married, knew in the first 2 weeks 10 years ago that we were in love and that was it. Good Luck!
tunerguy900
2006-02-21 04:11:38 UTC
the way they talk sex,3rd,2nd, and 1st base if you had sex with them or not
ken_13
2006-02-21 04:03:23 UTC
you can feel it