Question:
Can a Muslim boy marry a Catholic or Christian girl?
Mr.Football
2006-04-02 10:51:44 UTC
Can a Muslim boy marry a Catholic or Christian girl?
Twenty answers:
marmalade
2006-04-03 05:55:31 UTC
yes, he is allowed too. the girl does not need to convert and should be allowed to practice her own religion. u can tell her about islam but u cannot force it on her.

also, the children should be raised as muslims. make sure that the girl u want to marry knows this.
?
2016-05-20 15:49:28 UTC
You should be able to marry in Australia without converting, but if you'd still like to convert, they'd be delighted to have you! If you married in Australia, then you could meet his family and friends, which might be nice. You may have to go look specifically into Singapore's laws on this. It might be difficult to arrange a Catholic wedding without having family there helpping, so if you are completely sure, I'd recommend Australia over Singapore. Please ignore Sam, if you are married, it is not adultry, he's basically just trying to forbid you from converting and also from marrying a non-Muslim. Follow your heart. You might also really enjoy visiting Australia. There are less people like Sam there.
mothertrucker
2006-04-02 11:13:40 UTC
I can't speak for Islam but both Catholic and Protestant girls can marry Muslims. The biggest issue isn't can they do it but should they. When a couple doesn't agree on faith, they're starting their life together at a big disadvantage.

Can it work? Sure, but they will struggle and there will be heartache and sadness particularly when they have children.
hot mama!!!
2006-04-03 04:08:39 UTC
Yes he can and it is not forbidden. I am a Catholic and my husband is a Muslim and we are happily married. As long as you keep the respect and love within a marriage everything will be alright. My husband doesn't force me to convert, he wants me to accept Islam with all my heart when I am ready.
yl_dooper
2006-04-02 10:55:00 UTC
yes a muslim boy can marry a christian or even jewish girl, but cannot marry one from any other religion. bassically muslims are alloowed to marry anyone from what is kow as the people of the book. the book in this case is the koran, bible, or tora.

and no the girl does not have to convert.

go for it sunny
2006-04-02 11:07:37 UTC
I'm 99% sure its permitted by the Muslim religion. The religions are closely related, and Muslim Allah and Christian God are two names for the same being.
UNITool
2006-04-02 10:54:46 UTC
By Islamic law he can only if the girl converts to Islam.
doctorkersey
2006-04-02 11:48:02 UTC
Yes he can.. But he better convert to her religion or there will be trouble.

But he might get killed for converting..

Best to not marry and outside "his" religion unless he is ready to convert to that religion!
sue
2006-04-02 10:55:44 UTC
Yes, we can't help who we fall in love. There may be problem but if it is true love u will work it out!
2006-04-02 10:54:45 UTC
Probably, but would the rest of the relgious family and friends accept it, probably not.
marrying_buddha
2006-04-02 10:58:04 UTC
yes, if they love each other, why not. but one of them need to convert to the other religion.
?
2006-04-02 10:57:12 UTC
Your unity candles can be a cross and crescent.
Miss NancyGirl
2006-04-02 11:50:46 UTC
That depends on how important your religion is to you.
Mummy of 2
2006-04-02 10:54:27 UTC
Don't see why not, unless it's against their religion.
jamie
2006-04-02 10:58:27 UTC
Not if it's Binladens mate.
treseuropean
2006-04-02 10:54:22 UTC
Yes, but it will be frowned upon.
2006-04-02 10:54:34 UTC
yes...there is no bar in Islam.
2006-04-02 11:06:34 UTC
anyone can marry anyone
mano
2006-04-02 11:48:46 UTC
SURE, GO AHEAD, SONNY, IT IS PERMISSABLE,UNDER

ISLAMIC LAW !
2006-04-02 10:54:42 UTC
not and live to tell about it