Question:
my wife wants me to lie to make our divorce go quicker what should i do?
goodone
2006-02-28 20:42:29 UTC
my wife has admitted that she no longer loves me and loves someone else. while it hurts i still care about her. she wants me to say that we have been seperated a year already but it has only been 1 month. she is with someone else but i cant prove adultry. she is so pissed that i wont give her a quick divorce even though she knows i didnt want it. she kicked me out and is letting me see our children whenever i want. should i lie to give the quick divorce and save whatever relationship i may have with her as a mother of my children or should i make her wait the whole year in hopes that she will come to her senses. i was a good husband but she says she just doesnt want to be married anymore. is there any hope whatsoever or should i give up and lie to end this quickly.
Nine answers:
..
2006-02-28 20:51:18 UTC
When in doubt,tell the truth.It,s not only the law of the land but also a commandment of the Lords.

Plus you can't make her love you.God Bless
scottstappfan
2006-02-28 21:14:33 UTC
I've been through divorce. It's not easy when someone cheats on you. I wouldn't lie. I would tell the truth. She's just being selfish and wanting out of a commitment she made to you. She broke the vows, not you. God bless and hang in there. Down the road it will get a bit easier as far as your feelings for her, but it will be hard on the kids. I am also a child of divorced parents. Divorce is never easy. Don't push her into staying with you. It will push her away farther.( tried that, too)
2006-02-28 20:58:15 UTC
I wouldn't lie.

One, I don't believe it's ethical to lie. The simple principle stated this way: Do you like people to lie to you? If not, why lie to others? The courts expect and trust that you will be honest.

Second, it may come back to haunt you in some way or fashion if you lie on record.

Thirdly, even though you still love her, should you lie for her to benefit a wrong she committed? After all, she put you in this situation. It's very unfortunate and devastating that she hasn't kept her commitment and promise to you as a wife.
Skipper
2006-03-01 04:05:30 UTC
Let this woman go...but make sure, that the children are not suffering. let the children choose, with whom they want to stay. I give you that council in a sight of the following 20 years.And not in the next three month. Think at the future of your children. If your wife is acting like that, even you can win her heart back for now, she would act again in the same way some years later....
?
2006-02-28 20:55:06 UTC
I would not agree if I were you. Whats the real motivation behind the 1 year. Something sounds fishey, ask a attorney what benefits would be in her behalf to increase the seperation time. If you agree to being out of the house for a year i do belive it will be awarded to her, because the courts consider it abandonment of the marital home. hmmmmmmm

Good luck in the future
Nita and Michael
2006-02-28 22:40:50 UTC
Sorry this has happened to you your situation sucks and she should have to wait..why give her the privledge of lying just so she can have what she wants and run off with this guy..she's so wrong...don't give up if you really love her..maybe in the next year she'll come to her senses..till then pray about it morning and night..god works miricles..and lieing is a sin...do whats right and stick to your morals...go to church you'll feel better about all this..
betty boo
2006-02-28 21:30:58 UTC
do it and get rid of her sorry ***! She will reap what she sow. Before it all over she'll wish she'd stay with you.Don't be no fool DO NOT I repeat DO NOT take her *** back.This is wisdom talking to you.Smile everything is going to be alright there is someone good for you waiting in your future.
purple
2006-02-28 21:59:28 UTC
ONE THING YOU DONT NEED HER BACK .. AND YOU DONT NEED TO LIE ON A DIVORCE PAPER CAUSE IF YOU DO WHEN IT COMES TO GETTING YOUR RIGHTS FOR VISITATION FOR THE KIDS ,, ALL SHE HAS TO DO IS TELL THE COURTS YOU LIED AND THEY WONT BELIVE NOTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY,,,
HunnyMommy
2006-02-28 20:48:25 UTC
screw the hoe, good men are hard to find. don't let her get away with her wrong doing. make sure she pays for every wrong she has done to you, your kids and your family.