Question:
Would like to get married in June cant fine husband to divorce him I'm in pittsburg he is in TX what can i do?
2006-04-07 14:07:38 UTC
I have been in Pgh Pa for the last pass three years, and I'm not sure what i can do i would love to get married on my birthday, but if there is some other way I can file for this divorce with out haveing to go back to Dallas Tx any help would help
Thirteen answers:
lost_carolina
2006-04-07 14:47:01 UTC
Go to the Courthouse nearest to you, in the Clerk of Court's office ask for a Divorce packet. You can fill it out by your self and with the help of a computer. It's what I did, anyways get it notarized and all that and go back to the court house and file for divorce. They give you the copies that has to be sent to your husband. You call the Sheriff's office in Dallas Texas and explain to them your situation and that you will be faxing them the divorce papers to be delivered to your husband. You will need to keep a check on calling that Sheriffs Office back every couple days to see when they have been delivered. You then will get a "conformation" in your mail and you take that card back to the court house for a court date. It takes 30 days to get a court date ONCE you have received that postcard in the mail.
solange
2006-04-07 14:12:26 UTC
Yes. In most states you file a divorce where you are, attempt service at the last known address. When the complaint is returned "person doesn't live here" then you "serve by publication" in a local newspaper. It's pretty complex and I would recommend an attorney. This will take a while I would not expect to be married in June.
Idiot_Savante
2006-04-07 14:11:22 UTC
Many states have laws regarding abandonment. You can simply file for divorce claiming abandonment and then publish your intent to sever the relationship in local newspapers. There's a waiting period that depends on the state that could be up to 90 days. Check with a local attorney specializing in family and divorce law.
DAZED & CONFUSED
2006-04-07 14:41:26 UTC
I'm in the Dallas TX. area, I know they are strict on these things but I know it can be done, you have to file in the State you separated in so if that's TX call an Attorney here and they can file the papers for you, that's why we have Notary's you shouldn't have to come back unless he contests it, then you would have to go to court!! Good Luck, and GOD Bless!!
The GateKeeper
2006-04-07 14:11:08 UTC
You can hire a private investigator to find him and serve him with papers. The private investigator will likely be kind of spendy, but it is WORTH IT if it is the only way you can move on with your LIFE. He will find the guy, and get all the necessary contact information for the court. If he refuses to show up for court after that, I'd bet that the judge will grant you a no contest divorce, especially if there are no children involved.
BPD375
2006-04-07 14:12:36 UTC
You can file in TX from your home in PA. Contact a local lawyer or paralegal service and they can handle the details.
just_me_thinking_&_smiling
2006-04-07 14:11:35 UTC
Ask your lawyer and he can send a summons for divorce to your ex. It will cost somewheres about $500 to $1,000 for legal fees and to hire a deputy sheriff to deliver it to him. The divorce will be final in 30 days from receipt.
krackerjack57
2006-04-07 14:10:58 UTC
Call an attorney. I believe you can file for divorce from where you are and if your soon to be ex doesn't appear, the divorce will go through. Don't hold me to it though.
2006-04-07 14:10:00 UTC
I'm not positive but I think if you take out an ad in their local paper it can be done. I'm sure you'll need a lawyer for this and they'll know what to do.
runner45
2006-04-07 14:11:28 UTC
You might check, I think there may be ways where you can have a divorce that is un-contested, and if so, you are home free.
2006-04-07 14:11:11 UTC
I would contact a lawyer to help you in this situation. It may be a little pricey but it will be worth every penny!!
2006-04-07 14:12:18 UTC
maybe try and let him downslightly if you want a divorce you have to do it your way the way you think is best be confident in yourself.
bluez
2006-04-07 14:13:11 UTC
Hmmm...not sure....sounds like it would be worth the trip to dallas though....